Coping with communication problems after brain injury
This booklet describes the many forms of speech, language and communication problems caused by brain injury.
About This Product
You can download this booklet for free in our information library.
This booklet describes the many forms of speech, language and communication problems caused by brain injury. Practical strategies are provided for people with a brain injury, their families, carers and friends who are trying to cope with these difficulties.
- What is communication?
- Verbal communication
- Non-verbal communication
- Social communication
- Communication in the early stages of recovery
- Post-traumatic amnesia
- Rehabilitation - speech and language therapy
- Long-term communication difficulties
- Altered levels of consciousness
- Language impairment - aphasia (and dysphasia)
- Speech difficulties
- Cognitive communication difficulties
- Communication aids